Saturday, November 26, 2011

an answer to the dreaded question

We are trying something new (for us) this year. Every day I hear, "how many days until Christmas?" UGH! So, I made a green and red paper chain. We will rip one link off every day giving a visual of how many days until Christmas. On each link I put either a verse, a Christmas greeting in a different language, or a day of Christmas from the 12 days of Christmas. On the back there are things like: baking something with Mom to give to someone else or keep, doing something special for someone in the family without them knowing, making a craft, picking a Christmas movie to watch together, etc. I am using the ADVENTure book by Lisa Welchel and Christmas Around the World by Mary D. Lankford for the baking and craft ideas.

My desire is that this will not only keep me from hearing the dreaded question 145 times a day but also to refocus my crew. I hope that they can enjoy serving and encouraging others and focus on the Reason we celebrate...JESUS!

No comments: