Saturday, March 26, 2011

what's up

We just made a whirlwind trip to the coast to pick up a few things (including a few packages-woohoo) to make the next 6 weeks in Nairobi feel a bit more homey. We got in the car (too) early Tuesday morning, drove about 8 1/2 hours, met with friends, met with the veterinarian, bought supplies for the house, met with a man about his goats (more on that later), picked up packages and waited patiently (kind of) until we reached the house to open them, gathered needed items (including the next 6 weeks of school books -don't know if you know this about us but we have a lot of books), dropped off one of our dogs at a friend's place so our friend can fatten him up (the dog), slept a bit, loaded the car on Thursday and left at a time I am usually not awake to make the 8 1/2 hour trip home. WHEW. I learned that I am not as young as I use to be. I am dog tired (what does that even mean?) It was great to get home and see friends and pick up some things.

It was so hot on the coast. We have essentially missed the really hot part of the hot season this year. I guess if you are going to be away from home for multiple months that is the time to do it!

We continue to have peace about where we are. The doctor is keeping us here to find a balance in Chris's meds. He needs one med to keep his triglycerides down but that med causes painful gastritis, so we are trying a gentler drug. During my times alone with God in His word He has been reminding me of His "faithful love". We are trusting Him for the future and resting in that faithful love.

No comments: